Your password is your key. That is why password security is so important. When a hacker finds your key, it is like they have access to your online belongings. Here are seven hints I find most helpful to keep passwords safe.
- Avoid using real words or phrases.
- Include special characters.
- Do not keep your password written near your computer.
- Use something other than personal information such as your birth date.
- Sharing is not caring. Keep your password to yourself.
- Change your password on a scheduled basis.
- Use a different password for each account or website.
If you follow all of these suggestions, you are quite on your way to having good password security. I hope you found this information new and helpful. If there is any way I can explain this information more clearly, please leave a comment or find me on social media. If you think this post could be helpful to someone you know, feel free to share.
Read more at our other related article about changing passwords.